Wednesday, January 8, 2014

For this project I sculpted fire in a book.  It was hard to cut all the pages out and it took a long time to make it look the way I wanted it to.  I chose to do fire because it seemed like the best idea and I thought it would turn out cool.  It was very important on this project to have a plan because if you didn't, you would cut out the wrong area and screw up your whole book. I had to plan out my 6 layers beforehand using numbers so I wouldn't forget.  In my project, all the layers are a different color.  It was challenging to cut the crooked lines to make the fire.  Straight lines would have been a lot easier, but then the final product would look boring and not realistic.  I just took my time and it turned out good in the end.  Lastly, I added a border to give it more color and keep the outside from looking so dull.  I think it turned out pretty good in the end, even though it wasn't the most complex design.