Tuesday, December 11, 2012

For this project I drew a Battleship playing board.  I think it turned out good, but its not very neat.  I think the paint job is sloppy.  I think some things were good though like the 3D effect on the bottom of the piece.  If I did this project over again, I would probably take more time while painting to make it look more appealing.  I learned from this project that watercolors are hard to paint if you dont take your time and be careful.

Monday, November 19, 2012

For this project I drew me a big ole roosta. After I got the picture, I went into photoshop and streched the image vertically. Then I widened the top to add the right effects.  So when you looked at it from the angle of the picture, it will look better than if you are looking straight down at it. This is called anamorphosis.  
For this project I used a car for my stencil. In the computer lab, I got a picture of the internet, and then used photoshop to make the picture black and white. The background is a collage of newspaper and book pages I ripped apart. This helped give the stencil texture and added appeal. For the stencil, I cut out the positive space, which is the white part. Then, with the help of Mr. Sands, we added a shadow to make it look more realistic. While cutting the stencil we used Xacto knives. You had to keep your hands away so you didnt cut your fingers. It was a struggle to make sure the parts were thick enough to stay together. After the spray paint was added, I think it turned out looking pretty good.

Monday, October 22, 2012

For this project I found a picture of a monkey, then drew it, before I printed it. I used a cutting tool to cut out a rubber square to make it look like the picture. I cut out spaces for the hair and the leaves. All the stuff that is white are the spaces I cut out. I think it looks very good.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

For this project I drew an orangatan for the printmaking. It was very important to add texture because it makes the print look more realistic. It also adds contrast. We had to have several different pictures of the animal before we could start drawing. This helped because it let you see how the animal looked from different angles. The one i chose is the best one i drew because it was a good size and had good detail in the hair and wrinkles on the face.
For this project we have Miguel jellyfishing with Patrick! We worked in teams to make these projects. I worked on the big jellyfish and coloring it in. It is very important to work as a team because it would take a very long time if just one person does the work. I think our mural looked pretty good after it was complete. This project was fun and escpecially because anyone could be a part of the artwork.

Friday, September 21, 2012


This drawing took me a couple of days to finish. I had a picture of this kid and then i had to shade in his face using the value scale. I found the different values by looking at the picture and making shapes where it is darker. I used the entire value scale because the drawing has many differrent shades. I think my drawing is okay. I think the hair looks good but the lips are too large. I think the values shade well together though. I had a few obstacles on my way to completing this project. One obstacle was getting the darks dark enough. I also couldnt figure out how to make the lips look normal. The struggle is real out there man.  

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Maus Art

We made moss art in Mr. Sands class. He mixed up the moss with other ingredients to make some pretty scrumptious looking paint. We then painted it onto the brick wall at school in different shapes. Now we just have to see if it wil grow........

Skeletal Jerry

Cartoon Bone Project-Jerry.
In Mr. Sands' Atr Class we drew skeletons for cartoon characters. Jerry's bones are similar to those of a human, but changed to fit inside his tiny body. I think this turned out pretty good.