Monday, November 18, 2013

Self Portrait

For this project Miguel and I worked together to create our face. It was supposed to be our faces cut in half and put together, but the bottle caps were too big to add that much detail. We used different colored bottle caps for each side of the face to create a contrast. We had to spray paint the bottle caps before we glued them on because the caps on their own we're not different enough to create a face. We chose bottle caps because I had a lot of them at my house and I thought they would look cool. The caps turned out to be difficult to work with because they were almost too big to make it look like a face. Lastly, we added newspaper and magazine cutouts to the background so it wasn't just a blank piece of cardboard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment